How to Apply
- Review the general internship job description to see if this job matches your career goals.
- Review the internship qualifications to see if you are eligible to apply.
- Select the locations of the specific internship(s) that you are interested in, by viewing the locations of current internship opportunities. Summer internship position locations and descriptions are routinely posted in mid-February each year.
Students who are interested in being considered for an internship apply by submitting a letter of interest describing why you are interested in the VCE internship program and why you would be a good candidate. Also include in the cover letter the specific Extension Office locations where you are interested in working. In addition, provide a resume, the names and contact information for three references, and your latest official college or university transcript obtained from your Registrar Office. Unofficial transcripts will not be accepted.
- Application review will begin on March 25th and accepted applications will be forwarded to Unit offices. We will continue to accept applications until all intern positions are filled.
- Mail applications to:
Virginia Cooperative Extension
Joe Hunnings, Director of Professional Development
117 Hutcheson Hall (0402)
250 Drillfield Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24061
- Beginning at the Application Review date, Internship applicants will be notified of their application status and application packets of qualified applicants will be forwarded to unit offices.
- Someone from the Extension unit office for which you applied will communicate with you about interviews and make final decisions about intern selections.
- Job Description and Qualifications
- How to Apply
- Locations of Current Internship Opportunities