Summer Internship Program: Fairfax County - Position 2 (4-H)
Primary Program Area Focus: 4-H
1. Describe your plans for this internship. (i.e. What specifically will the intern be doing?)
1. The intern will assist with planning and attend 4-H Summer activities such as 4-H Camp, Congress, workshops, Fair.
2. Assist with Summer programming
3. Work on an interdisciplinary program between ANR & FCS agents to help with
4. Assist Program Assistant with any Fair preparation projects
5. Prepare newsletter, Social Media promotions, and other promotional materials.
6. Planning/implementing a special project that would involve an underserved
community in the county
7. Other responsibilities as assigned.
2. Describe the knowledge / skills you expect the intern to gain from this experience.
1. Core values of working with clientele
a. Office management skills
b. Phone and email etiquette
c. Handling an upset client
2. Job responsibilities of an extension agent in all disciplines
3. Program development, Program Execution, & Program Evaluation
6. Relationship building between co-workers & stakeholders
7. Time management
8. Volunteer Development
3. How will the intern learn about the breadth of VCE and our various program areas?
Intern will work closely with 4-H Agent and Program Assistant in various areas of
programming and planning. The Intern will work on a project that will be interdisciplinary to include ANR or FCS areas that will hopefully be targeted towards an underserved community.
- Job Description and Qualifications
- How to Apply
- Locations of Current Internship Opportunities
Read about Internship Experiences of Former VCE Interns
- Marissa Eastep - Greensville/Emporia
- Joy Nystrom - Orange
- Mackenzie Moore - Middelesex/Essex
- Catherine Davis - Bedford County, 2013
- Kaitlyn Gill - Madison County, 2013
- Ashley Little - Prince William County, Natural Resources, 2013
- Alison Sutphin - Orange County
- Kayla Eppard - Greene County