Summer Internship Program: Prince William County - Environment and Natural Resources
Primary Program Area Focus: Environment and Natural Resources
Summer Intern, Environment and Natural Resources Program
- Evaluate BEST Lawns program participants using Qualtrics annual post survey; Collect, manage and interpret data for reporting.
- Assist staff and volunteers on site visits, conduct soil tests, measure site and report information for nutrient management plans
- Assist Staff with PWC Fair displays, create displays, shift assignments
- Present at 4-H Fair Camp covering ENR program topic
- Support Teaching Garden through attending work days
- Assist with developing training materials for Extension Horticulture Help Desk and creating database of response for commonly asked questions
- Support Northern District Horticulture Agents events such as Pesticide recertification, Green Industry Field Day by creating/presenting round robin topic or creating/updating displays
- Program support for SNAP Educators
- Support 4-H with Fair planning/set up
2. Describe the knowledge / skills you expect the intern to gain from this experience.
Collect data, analyze data, evaluate program; use Qualtrics online surveys, assist with program delivery and communication with clients; program promotion; learn horticultural best practices through hands-on experiences at the Teaching Garden and in classes; create effective educational displays, acquire and improve volunteer management techniques, make presentations to the public.
3. How will the intern learn about the breadth of VCE and our various program areas?
Intern will work with each program in the office on a small scale in program support; Depending on intern skill set, s/he may available to help with program brochure design. Intern will attend staff meetings, assist programs with daily needs that arise with last minute deadlines. Assist with 4-H camp and Fair Camps preparation if needed.
- Job Description and Qualifications
- How to Apply
- Locations of Current Internship Opportunities
Read about Internship Experiences of Former VCE Interns
- Marissa Eastep - Greensville/Emporia
- Joy Nystrom - Culpeper
- Mackenzie Moore - Middelesex/Essex
- Catherine Davis - Bedford County, 2013
- Kaitlyn Gill - Madison County, 2013
- Ashley Little - Prince William County, Natural Resources, 2013
- Alison Sutphin - Orange County
- Kayla Eppard - Greene County