Summer Internship Program: Prince William County - Position 1 (ANR)
Primary Program Area Focus: ANR
- Evaluate BEST Lawns program participants using Qualtrics annual post survey; Collect, manage and interpret data for reporting
- Conduct soil tests, measure site and report information for nutrient management plans
- Assist staff and volunteers with site visits for stormwater education, school and community gardens, VCAP site visits supporting Prince William Soil and Water Conservation District
- Assist Staff with PWC Fair displays, create displays, shift assignments
- Assist Staff with creating Qualtrics survey for three-month evaluations
- Present at 4-H Fair Camp covering ENR program topic
- Support Teaching Garden through attending work days
- Provide educational event support for Saturday in the Garden event and other public classes
- Assist with developing training materials for Extension Horticulture Help Desk
- Support Northern District Horticulture Agents events such as Pesticide recertification, Green Industry Field Day by creating/presenting round robin topic or creating/updating displays
- Assist 4-H with Junior Camp and County Fair and/or Children's Barn preparation/planning
- Attend 4-H Junior camp if staff need help
2. Describe the knowledge / skills you expect the intern to gain from this experience.
Collect data, analyze data, evaluate program; use Qualtrics online surveys, assist with program delivery and communication with volunteers and clients; program promotion; learn horticultural best practices through hands-on experiences at the Teaching Garden and in classes; create effective educational displays, acquire and improve volunteer management techniques, make presentations to the public.
3. How will the intern learn about the breadth of VCE and our various program areas?
Intern will work with each program in the office on a small scale in program support. Depending on intern skill set, he/she may be available to help with program brochure design, newsletter creation. Intern will attend staff meetings, assist programs with daily needs that arise with last minute deadlines. Assist with 4-H camp and Fair Camps preparation if needed. Assist SNAP-Ed staff with events to gain understanding of what they do. Assist Financial Education staff with programs as available/needed.
- Job Description and Qualifications
- How to Apply
- Locations of Current Internship Opportunities
Read about Internship Experiences of Former VCE Interns
- Marissa Eastep - Greensville/Emporia
- Joy Nystrom - Orange
- Mackenzie Moore - Middelesex/Essex
- Catherine Davis - Bedford County, 2013
- Kaitlyn Gill - Madison County, 2013
- Ashley Little - Prince William County, Natural Resources, 2013
- Alison Sutphin - Orange County
- Kayla Eppard - Greene County