VCE COVID-19 resources
The importance of handwashing
Renee Boyer teaches the proper technique to wash your hands.
The following resources are provided by Virginia Cooperative Extension in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Each member of the community plays an important role in preventing the community spread of COVID-19 by following these precautions:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick (at least 6 feet of distance).
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning product.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains 60%–95% alcohol.