4-H State Congress
Virginia 4-H State Congress is the premier, statewide annual 4-H event for outstanding 4-H teens and adult volunteer leaders. Its mission is to provide competitive and non-competitive educational experiences to Virginia teens and the adults who work with them, helping them to develop life skills and leadership abilities to become contributing citizens in their communities.
SAVE THE DATE
99th Virginia State 4-H Congress, June 24-27, 2019
The 99th Virginia 4-H State Congress will be held at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Virginia, from Monday, June 24, to Thursday, June 27, 2019.
More details coming soon!
- April 2 - Information packet released to the system.
- April 23 - Registration system goes live.
- May 14 - Registration closes.
- May 21 - All paperwork and payment due to State Office
- State 4-H Cabinet and Ambassadors
- 2018 Congress Elections Packet (PDF | 400KB)
- 2018 Election Videos
- Central District Ambassador
- Northern District Ambassador
- Southeast District Ambassador
- Southwest District Ambassador
Important Dates To Remember
- Information Packet Released: March 17
- Registration System Goes Live (all information including GSS and competition workshops, competition, etc.): April 23
- Registration Closes: May 14
- All paperwork and payment due to state office: May 21
The major purposes of 4-H Congress are:
- To provide a high-quality educational experience for 4-H youth ages 14-18 and adults that work with them.
- To promote 4-H as a major statewide educational youth program.
- To provide educational, recreational, and social experiences for youth that would not normally be available at a county or district level.
- To enhance life-skill development through all 4-H Congress activities.
- To provide educational experiences through the Great Summer Showcase, and competition that will enhance life skill development and support 4-H project work.
- To provide competitive (judging, presentations, etc) events in each curriculum area.
- To provide educational experiences that enhance life skill development and support 4-H project work.
- To provide recognition for all competition area winners at a Congress-wide event.
- To recognize outstanding support to 4-H Congress by a volunteer adult 4-H leader.
- To promote an understanding of the value of diversity among Congress participants.
- To enhance a delegate’s sense of personal and social responsibility through an environment that fosters independence, accountability, decision-making, and time management.