4-H State Congress
Virginia 4-H State Congress is the premier, statewide annual 4-H event for outstanding 4-H teens and adult volunteer leaders. Its mission is to provide competitive and non-competitive educational experiences to Virginia teens and the adults who work with them, helping them to develop life skills and leadership abilities to become contributing citizens in their communities.
Save the date: 97th Virginia State 4-H Congress, June 19-22, 2017
The 98th Virginia 4-H State Congress will be held at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Virginia from Monday, June 25 - Thursday, June 28, 2018.
Cost: TBD, includes lodging (3 nights), meals (Monday dinner - Thursday breakfast), workshops and t-shirt.
- March 17 - Information packet released to the system.
- April 7 - Registration system goes live.
- May 5 - Registration closes.
- May 12 - All paperwork and payment due to State Office
- State 4-H Cabinet and Ambassadors
- 2017 Congress Elections Packet (PDF | 400KB)
- 2017 Election Videos
- President-Megan Cameron
- Vice President-Alli Pillion
- Central District Ambassador-Dakota Stroud
- Central District Ambassador-Ashleigh Branch
- Central District Ambassador-Anna Pantos
- Southeast District Ambassador-Toni Newby
- Southeast District Ambassador-Jessica Gilley
- Southeast District Ambassador-Mary O'Reilly
- Southeast District Ambassador-Jade Dickens
- Northern District Ambassador-Austin Hill
- Northern District Ambassador-Ruby Dunn
- Northern District Ambassador-Katie Cameron
- Nothern District Ambassador-Katie Vanik
- Northern District Ambassador-Katherine Orlowsky
- Northern District Ambassador-Duncan Williamson
- Southwest District Ambassador-Julia Street
- Southwest District Ambassador-Olivia Bostic
- Southwest District Ambassador-Kagan McCall
- Southwest District Ambassador-Elle Smith
Important Dates To Remember
- Information Packet Released: March 17
- Registration System Goes Live (all information including GSS and competition workshops, competition, etc.): April 7
- Registration Closes: May 5
- All paperwork and payment due to state office: May 12
The major purposes of 4-H Congress are:
- To provide a high-quality educational experience for 4-H youth ages 14-18 and adults that work with them.
- To promote 4-H as a major statewide educational youth program.
- To provide educational, recreational, and social experiences for youth that would not normally be available at a county or district level.
- To enhance life-skill development through all 4-H Congress activities.
- To provide educational experiences through the Great Summer Showcase, and competition that will enhance life skill development and support 4-H project work.
- To provide competitive (judging, presentations, etc) events in each curriculum area.
- To provide educational experiences that enhance life skill development and support 4-H project work.
- To provide recognition for all competition area winners at a Congress-wide event.
- To recognize outstanding support to 4-H Congress by a volunteer adult 4-H leader.
- To promote an understanding of the value of diversity among Congress participants.
- To enhance a delegate’s sense of personal and social responsibility through an environment that fosters independence, accountability, decision-making, and time management.