Forestry and forest products represent the third largest industries in the state of Virginia only behind Agriculture and Tourism. These industries generate an estimated economic impact of $25 billion and provide employment to more than 100,000 people in the state.
Our extension efforts focus on improving the sustainable use of wood products from the forest to the consumer. Our team of specialists can provide broad range of information and assistance: from estimating the value of the raw material, to increasing manufacturing performance, market assistance, or understanding how to care for exterior wood products.
- Housing report
- Forest and wood science academic programs in the World
- Mapping of VA forest products
- Wood Products Community of Practice
- Design and Operation of a Solar-Heated Dry Kiln
- Wood Identification for Species Native to Virginia
- Lean Thinking: Examples and Applications in the Wood Products Industry
Wood Products Manufacturing
Manufacturing Systems Engineering and Business Competitiveness
Industrial Engineering and Wood Products Technology