Daniel L. Goerlich
Daniel L. Goerlich
Associate Director, Economy, Community and Food, VCE
- Doctorate of Philosophy, Forestry. 2017. Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA.
- Master of Science, Forestry. 1998. State University of New York College of Environmental Science and Forestry, Syracuse, NY.
- Bachelor of Science, Forest and Wildlife Management; Minor: Economics. 1994. Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA.
- Central District Director, Virginia Cooperative Extension. 6/2010 – Present.
- Central District Program Leader. Virginia Cooperative Extension. 12/2005 – 6/2010.
- Extension Agent, ANR/Forestry & Natural Resources. Virginia Cooperative Extension – Central District. 7/2003 - 12/2005.
- Associate Extension Agent, ANR/Forestry & Natural Resources. Virginia Cooperative Extension – Central District, VA. 8/1999 – 6/2003.
- Technical Assistant. Office of Instructional Development, Evaluation and Services, SUNY-CESF, Syracuse, NY. 8/1998 - 8/1999.
- Graduate Teaching Assistant / Graduate Research Assistant. SUNY-CESF, Syracuse, NY. 1/1997- 8/1998.
- Project Manager and Data Analyst. F&W Forestry Services, Inc. Albany, GA. 12/1994 - 10/1996.
- Forest Technician. USDA Forest Service, White River National Forest. Rifle, CO. 5/1994 - 11/1994.
- Authored or co-authored five refereed journal articles, six Extension publications, 24 trade journal / consumer magazine feature articles, eight on-line learning modules, 26 substantive newsletter articles, five working papers, one bound book, two manuals, and one thesis.
- Earned 11 National level awards from the National Association of County Agricultural Agents, National Association of Extension 4-H Agents, Association of Natural Resource Extension Professionals, Forest Resources Association, Society of American Foresters, and Virginia Tech College of Natural Resources recognizing professional leadership and programmatic accomplishments.
- Served on the Board of Directors for the Virginia Forestry Educational Foundation, W.E. Skelton 4-H Educational Center, Virginia Forestry Association, Virginia Extension Service Association, Virginia Association of Agricultural Extension Agents, Virginia Urban Forest Council, and Halifax Soil and Water Conservation District.
- Past Chair, Virginia Division Society of American Foresters, National Association of County Agriculture Agents Natural Resources Committee, and Sydnor Jennings Elementary School Parent / Teacher Organization.
- (434) 766-6761
- Virginia Cooperative Extension
Central District Office
150B Slayton Ave
Danville, VA 24540