“While I always planned to get my second colonoscopy when I turned 60, that day passed without me setting up an appointment. The 80% by 2018 campaign spurred me to get this done. It is too important and too easy to disregard it.”
Joe Hunnings, Director of Planning & Reporting, Professional Development, Civil Rights Compliance
Sign the VCE 80% by 2018 Pledge
• "Taking the Fight to Colorectal Cancer: Latest advanced in early detection and treatment"
Presented by Dr. Khalid Matin, Medical Director, Community Oncology and Clinical Research Affiliation, VCU Massey Cancer Center
Date: March 7, 12:00 noon
Access code: 647 581 016
Note: We've experienced issues with WebEx recordings playing in Firefox. If you get an error in Firefox, please try using a different browser, e.g., Chrome or Safari.
• Get the Facts: Breast Cancer
Presented by Dr. Young Ju, associate professor in the Department of Human Nutrition, Foods, and Exercise
• Breast cancer prevention and control: Key messages your community needs to hear
Presented by Kristin Harris, executive director of the Central Virginia affiliate of Susan G. Komen; and Carlin Rafie, Extension specialist with VCE
• Get moving to reduce your colorectal cancer risk
• Have your cake and eat it too: Decreasing your colorectal cancer risk through smart food choices
• Colorectal Cancer: What is it, and how do I get screened?
Presented by Dr. Farrel Adkins, specialist in colorectal surgery, Carilion Healthcare; and
Dr. John Michos, medical director, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
Adult Nutrition Specialist