Business & Industry Energy Management
The Business & Industry Energy Management section of the guide includes the energy audit workbook and energy solutions database, significant tools in implementing energy cost-saving solutions.
Whether you utilize the resources from Alliance to Save Energy, Energy Information Administration, Energy Star, National Association of Manufacturers, Energy Services Tools developed by Washington State University, or the U.S. Department of Energy your company will expand its thinking on energy options.
This section of the guide also links you to the Energy Policy Act of 2005.
- Efficiency and Innovation in U.S. Manufacturing Energy Use (pdf) responds to the rising energy costs and concerns of manufacturing. A 37-page report published by the National Association of Manufacturers.
- Energy Audit Workbook provides documents useful for an energy audit published the Washington State University.
- Energy Efficiency Pays: A Guide for the Small Business Owner (pdf) instructs small business owners on multiple methods for saving money and is published by American Public Power Association and the Association of Small Business Development Centers.
- Energy Solutions Databaseoffers heating and cooling system calculator, an energy solutions database, and utility options as well as an opportunity to Ask the Experts.Review the question on using a cheap 250 hp motor or upgrades for an 8' x 8' walk-in freezer.
- Energy Information Administration includes an array of reports and analyses for commercial buildings, residential end-use electricity consumption, and forecasts.
- Energy Management lists numerous tools for energy management and provides a diagram to assist in navigating Energy Star's Guidelines for Energy Management.
- Energy Policy Act of 2005 lists the Table of Contents and connects you to each part of the Act.
- Energy Security for the 21st Century offers the complete listing of speeches, policy, and legislative announcements.
- Industrial Technologies Program: Save Energy Now helps "American businesses, factories, and manufacturing facilities save energy."
- Resources, published by Alliance to Save Energy, provides a listing of publications on issues related to industrial energy efficiency, regulations, policies, codes, and standards.
- Virginia Energy Patterns and Trends, managed by Virginia Center for Coal and Energy Research, presents information from a variety of sources related to energy production, distribution, and use within the Commonwealth of Virginia.