Preparing for Generation NEXT Workshop
Preparing for Generation NEXT is an award-winning nationally recognized educational workshop that will get you started on the right path.
This workshop provides free legal guidance and landowner stories about successful estate planning steps and strategies they have used.
Speakers include legal and financial experts experienced in estate planning as well as natural resource professionals and landowners.
2023 Legacy Planning Workshops
2023 Coming Soon Flier (pdf)
All participants will receive a copy of the 56-page, full-color book, Legacy Planning: A Guide for Virginia Landowners.
The workshop covers the Nine Steps to Successful Legacy Planning
- Commit to beginning the legacy planning and keep moving forward
- Determine your family assets
- Write down long-term goals for your land
- Hold a family meeting
- Gather/create essential documents
- Establish your legacy planning team
- Explore the legal, financial, and conservation tools available to help you meet your goals
- Provide opportunities for your family to learn about and enjoy your woodlands
- Revisit your plan on a regular basis and adapt as your land, assets and family change
With Support From
- Karen Snape
- Jason Fisher
- Bill Worrell
- Adam Downing
- Neil Clark
How to Register
Online registration for each program is available 6 weeks prior to the event.