Preparing for Generation NEXT Workshop
Preparing for Generation NEXT is an award-winning nationally recognized educational workshop that will get you started on the right path.
This workshop provides free legal guidance and landowner stories about successful estate planning steps and strategies they have used.
Speakers include legal and financial experts experienced in estate planning as well as natural resource professionals and landowners.
2021 Legacy Planning Webinar Series
- Spring Webinar Series
- April 7, 8, 14, & 15
- 3 - 4:30 p.m.
- Fall Webinar Series
- September 8, 9, 15, & 16
- 3 - 4:30 p.m.
- $25/family for each series; $35/family if you register for both series
- Register online
All participants will receive a copy of the new 56-page, full-color book, Legacy Planning: A Guide for Virginia Landowners.
The workshop covers Nine Steps to Successful Legacy Planning
- Commit to beginning the legacy planning and keep moving forward
- Determine your family assets
- Write down long-term goals for your land
- Hold a family meeting
- Gather/create essential documents
- Establish your legacy planning team
- Explore the legal, financial, and conservation tools available to help you meet your goals
- Provide opportunities for your family to learn about and enjoy your woodlands
- Revisit your plan on a regular basis and adapt as your land, assets and family change
- Legacy Planning Worksheets
With Support From
How to Register
Online registration for each program is available 2 months prior to the event. For paper/mail-in registration, please e-mail or call one of the contacts listed above.