Renewable energy has everyone's attention.
- Visit the National Biodiesel Board's website to read the latest information on biodiesel fuel.
- Review the Renewable Energy page to gather details on converting biomass into valuable fuels or to research ethanol production.
- Discover the facts on other forms of renewable energy by visiting the hydrogen, hydropower, methane, solar, and wind energy pages.
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory offers a description of biomass.
- Biomass Energy Projects reports numerous projects managed by the Virginia Department of Mines, Minerals and Energy. The DMME receives a grant annually from the U.S. Department of Energy that is administered by the Southeastern Biomass State and Regional Partnership.
- Biomass Feedstocks includes a definition of options for feedstocks, projected resources, and information on collection, storage, and transportation.
Ethanol is represented by the American Coalition for Ethanol.
Other related biomass resources may be found at the following websites:
- Agricultural and Alternative Energy (Bioproducts & Biosystems Engineering)
- Exploiting Clean Energy for Profit: The Outlook on the Current Biofuels Industry
- Fresh Energy Publications
- Growing Energy on the Farm: Biomass Energy and Agriculture
- Institute for Local Self-Reliance
- Journey to Forever
- Renewable Fuels Association
- Sun Grant Initiative
- USDA Bioenergy and Energy Alternatives
- U. S. Department of Energy: Alternative Fuels Data Center
Solar Energy Topics lists solar organizations and resources. Numerous sites provide information on solar energy, such as:
- American Solar Energy Society
- Florida Solar Energy Center
- Agricultural Applications of Solar Energy
- Energy Solutions Resources: Solar and wind technologies for agricultural applications
- Energy Training for Agriculture Professionals
- Solar Energy Use in U.S. Agriculture Overview & Policy Issues (pdf)
- Up with the Sun: Solar Energy and Agriculture
Wind Energy explores resources and projects related to wind technologies. Multiple sites are available on this topic including EERE's Wind and Hydropower Technologies Program page, the National Wind Technology Center, GE's Ecomagination (search for energy/wind), and North Carolina has multiple projects related to wind energy. Virginia has created a collaborative directed by James Madison University. Also review the Virginia wind resource map.
Other resources related to wind energy may be found at the following websites:
- American Wind Energy Association
- Clean Energy...Farming the Wind: Wind Power and Agriculture
- On-Farm Wind Power
- Energy Solutions Resources managed by Washington State University Extension Energy Program. Search for information on solar and wind technologies for agricultural applications.
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory publishes numerous articles on wind power. Search the database and select Wind Energy as the subject.
- U.S. Department of Energy: Wind Powering America
- Biodiesel industry is represented by National Biodiesel Board.
- Geothermal Energy yields warmth and power that can be use without polluting the environment. Information on geothermal energy technologies may be located at:
- Hydrogen cites the capabilities, projects, and information on delivery, storage, and the technology. More information is located at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory.
- Hydropower provides the history as well as the resource potential of hydropower. Other resources can be located at:
- Methane is discussed on numerous websites: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's AgStar Program, the EPS page on Ruminant Livestock, and EPA's page on Landfill Methane Outreach Program. Also review Michigan Agriculture environmental Assurance Program.
- Landfill Gas discusses Landfill Methane Outreach Program and Renewable Legislation and Incentives.
- The Virginia Center for Coal and Energy Research released A study of increased use of renewable energy resources in Virginia (pdf) in November 2005. The Center is operated as a part of Virginia Tech and is supported by the Virginia Department of Mines, Minerals and Energy.
- U.S. Department of Energy, National Renewable Energy Laboratory publishes an array of literature on renewable energy. Just use the search option to find brochures, articles, and reports on renewable energy options.
- Washington State University, Recent and Ongoing Renewable Energy Projects provides a listing of renewal energy projects within the state of Washington and nationwide.
- Energy Trading Prices from Platts provides access to information about products containing key price assessments, indices, as well as newsletters, maps and other offerings. Platts is the leading global provider of energy and metals information and the world’s foremost source of benchmark price assessments in the physical energy markets.