Wine growing is a challenging enterprise. One must have an excellent vineyard site, develop and follow a realistic business model, invest substantial resources in the enterprise, and adapt to the vagaries of weather and climate. Our Extension educational resources are intended to teach commercially accepted practices and to help you avoid costly mistakes. Our research has addressed issues related to vine health and sustainability of crop production and, more recently, has examined practical means of optimizing wine quality potential. Our goals are to improve the profitability of wine grape production using sustainable, efficient production methods.
- Viticulture Extension Resources
- Viticulture Notes
- USDA/NIFA Speciality Crops Research Initiative
- Grape Grower Checklist
- Wine Grape Production Guide for Eastern North America
- Pest Management Guide Vineyards 2014 (PDF)
- East Coast Site Selection tool