Transportation experts are developing alternative fuels and hybrid vehicles. Within TravelWise: Transforming Transportation, you will find a list of hybrid-car dealers, information on fuel performance, and an explanation of vehicle tax credits.
The Virginia Energy Savers Handbook also offers tips for reducing transportation energy use and expenses.
- Alternative Fuels reviews a listing of alternative fuels including biodiesel, electricity, ethanol, hydrogen, methanol, natural gas, propane, and P-Series. Also offers an opportunity to compare fuel properties.
- Hybrid Vehicles presents a listing of hybrid car dealers, hybrid car classifieds, and a gas mileage impact calculator. Also, compare various vehicle's fuel mileage.
- Hybrid Electric and Fuel Cell Vehicles defines the HEV technologies and the research of the National Renewal Energy Laboratory.
- GreenerCars offers a list of the automobiles rated as environmental "green." A fee-based subscription services is also available.
- Fuel Performance addresses the research on fuels performance.
- The Virginia Energy Savers Handbook suggests tips for reducing energy and expenses incurred in transportation.
- Vehicle Fuel Economy the official US government source for fuel economy information.
- Vehicle Tax Credits defines the tax credit and provides responses to several questions.
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Advanced Vehicles and Fuels Research Publications offers a comprehensive online document database.
- The Virginia Energy Savers Handbook, Reducing Your Transportation Use provides numerous tips for saving energy.
- U.S. Department of Energy, Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, Alternative Fuels Data Center offers a comprehensive online document database.
- U.S. Department of Energy, Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy, Energy Policy Act of 1992 (EPAct), FreedomCAR & Vehicle Technologies Program explains the EPAct and focuses on the regulatory activities.