District Qualifying Clinics
- Application and Guidelines (writable)
- Applications are to be submitted to your District Horse Council for their approval of your clinic as a qualifying event. Applications should be submitted at least 6 weeks in advance of the proposed date.
- District Qualified Youth Registration Document (XLS | 28KB)
- This form MUST be completed and emailed to Leona Ransdell within 2 weeks of the event if youth are to be considered qualified.
- This form is only for use by horse show or clinic managers to notify the state office of the youth that qualified at their event
- Qualifying Youth Evaluation Form (PDF | 19KB)
- Suggested form for evaluating youth at a Clinic. If youth is not deemed qualified by the clinician then this signed form should be forwarded to the District Horse Council.
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University Equine Release, Waiver, and Indemnification Statement (PDF | 214KB)
- 4-H Health History Report Form (PDF | 387KB)
- 4-H Media Release Form (PDF | 199KB)
2019 DISTRICT QUALIFYING CLINIC DATES
Policies and Guidelines - OPEN VS. 4-H HORSE EVENTS
- VT Policy Guidelines for Open vs. 4-H Horse Events
Prize Lists must comply with these policies including the age requirement and helmet policy and include the VCE indicia.
- Date: April 6, 2019 with rain date of April 7, 2019 - Qualifying Clinic - “Improving your Flat Work, incorporating HM skills”
Location: Brookhill Farm, Forest, VA
Contact: Tracy Russler
Clinicians: JoAnne Miller/Amy Swortzel
- Date: April 28, 2019 - Qualifying Clinic
Location: Sheridan Stables, Kents Store, VA
Contact: Cameron Sheridan 540-967-7379
Luanne Johnson or Deb Pyle – Show jumping
Robin Kelly – IHSA trainer – 20 years training on the hunter A circuit
Richard and Jody Toms – Showmanship and Trail
Charlie Transit – backup trail
- Date: April 20, 2019 Fix-A-Test Qualifying Clinic
Location: Durbin Arena, Free Union, VA
Contact: Bertha Durbin email@example.com
Clinicians: Erin Sweeney