District Qualifying Clinics
- Application and Guidelines (writable)
- Applications are to be submitted to your District Horse Council for their approval of your clinic as a qualifying event. Applications should be submitted at least 6 weeks in advance of the proposed date.
- District Qualified Youth Registration Document (XLS | 28KB)
- This form MUST be completed and emailed to Leona Ransdell within 2 weeks of the event if youth are to be considered qualified.
- This form is only for use by horse show or clinic managers to notify the state office of the youth that qualified at their event
- Qualifying Youth Evaluation Form (PDF | 19KB)
- Suggested form for evaluating youth at a Clinic. If youth is not deemed qualified by the clinician then this signed form should be forwarded to the District Horse Council.
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University Equine Release, Waiver, and Indemnification Statement (PDF | 214KB)
- 4-H Health History Report Form (PDF | 387KB)
- 4-H Media Release Form (PDF | 199KB)
2020 DISTRICT QUALIFYING CLINIC DATES
Policies and Guidelines - OPEN VS. 4-H HORSE EVENTS
- VT Policy Guidelines for Open vs. 4-H Horse Events
Prize Lists must comply with these policies including the age requirement and helmet policy and include the VCE indicia.
April 4, 2020 - Gymkhana and Ranch Horse 4-H Qualifying Clinic
Horsemanship Skills also
Location: Bedford, VA
Contact: Jody Toms 434-238-0730
- May 3, 2020 - Horsemanship Skills Testing and 4-H Qualifying Clinic
Kents Store, VA
Contact: Cameron Sheridan
- April 19, 2020 - Northern District 4-H Qualifying Trail Class Clinic
Note: this does not count as a Qualifying Show or Clinic - it is a qualifier for the Trail Class at the State Show
Location: Durbin Arena, Free Union, VA
Contact: Bertha Durbin