Summer Internship Program: Albemarle County/City of Charlottesville
Primary Program Area Focus: 4-H, ANR, and FCS
1. Describe your plans for this internship. (i.e. What specifically will the intern be doing?)
This summer, our intern will be working closely with each agent developing professional contacts in our office that could potentially further his/her career. The intern will take a role in planning and executing various camps over the summer, including junior camps, cloverbud and cooking camps. Although the intern will have a focus mainly in 4-H or FCS we do plan to expose each intern to all program areas through farm tours, school programming and shadowing experiences.
2. Describe the knowledge / skills you expect the intern to gain from this experience.
We expect that the intern will gain knowledge in each of the program areas of VCE and determine whether or not they are a good match for VCE or a particular program area. The intern will also gain valuable hands-on skills in a “learn by doing” atmosphere just like our 4-H’ers.
3. How will the intern learn about the breadth of VCE and our various program areas?
The intern will be exposed to varying aspects of VCE by explaining the broad role of the programs (state level) and then by showing the intern what we do here at the community level and why we are a necessary component of the community.
- Job Description and Qualifications
- How to Apply
- Locations of Current Internship Opportunities
Read about Internship Experiences of Former VCE Interns
- Marissa Eastep - Greensville/Emporia
- Joy Nystrom - Orange
- Mackenzie Moore - Middelesex/Essex
- Catherine Davis - Bedford County, 2013
- Kaitlyn Gill - Madison County, 2013
- Ashley Little - Prince William County, Natural Resources, 2013
- Alison Sutphin - Orange County
- Kayla Eppard - Greene County