Summer Internship Program: Botetourt County
Primary Program Area Focus: ANR
1. Describe your plans for this internship. (i.e. What specifically will the intern be doing?)
The successful candidate will be actively involved in planning and delivering programming for the Botetourt County ANR program. Summer activities that the intern will be involved in are summer 4-H camp, the Botetourt County Fair, Roanoke Area Junior Livestock Show. Responsibilities during these events may include any or all of the following: program design and delivery, and event promotion, website design and maintenance, social media promotion and interaction. This individual will be responsible for planning, organizing, and delivering a youth day camp during the summer under the guidance and with support from the ANR agent.
This internship has an animal science and production focus, there will be opportunities for the successful applicant to work with the horticulture agent to design and deliver forage based and horticulture programs. The Botetourt County Fair is a traditional agriculture themed event and the intern will play multiple and varied roles in the planning, promotion, preparation, and execution of the 2019 Botetourt County Fair.
2. Describe the knowledge / skills that you expect the intern to gain from this experience.
The successful applicant should be a motivated, self-starter that works well with limited supervision. An open mind with a willingness to work as a member of a dedicated and creative team is imperative. Ability to accept flexibility in scheduling and daily assignments, along with a strong work ethic and time management skills are also important.
3. How will the intern learn about the breadth of VCE and our various program areas?
The intern will have the opportunity to work with the entire VCE Botetourt team and view how the disciplines work together to accomplish a single goal of educating and servicing the citizens of Botetourt. By participating in unit, district, and state level events the successful applicant will gain an appreciation for the variation of opportunities that exist within and are provided by VCE programs and the VCE organization.
- Job Description and Qualifications
- How to Apply
- Locations of Current Internship Opportunities
Read about Internship Experiences of Former VCE Interns
- Marissa Eastep - Greensville/Emporia
- Joy Nystrom - Orange
- Mackenzie Moore - Middelesex/Essex
- Catherine Davis - Bedford County, 2013
- Kaitlyn Gill - Madison County, 2013
- Ashley Little - Prince William County, Natural Resources, 2013
- Alison Sutphin - Orange County
- Kayla Eppard - Greene County