Summer Internship Program: Buckingham County - Position 2 (4-H)
Primary Program Area Focus: 4-H
1. Describe your plans for this internship. (i.e. What specifically will the intern be doing?)
This intern will focus primarily on 4-H youth development during summer day camps and Jr. 4-H Camp. He/She will assist the 4-H Agent and 4-H Program Technician in planning and executing camps, securing needed paperwork from parents, and compiling evaluation data.
- VCE orientation; training
- Work with 4-H Agent in preparing for and conducting 4-H Camp and Cloverbud Camps
- Work with 4-H Program Technician in preparing for and conducting 4-H Day Camps and Workshops
- Complete intern evaluation
2. Describe the knowledge / skills you expect the intern to gain from this experience.
The Intern will gain the following knowledge/skills:
- The importance of proper record keeping
- 4-H program planning, delivery, and evaluation
- How to manage time effectively
3. How will the intern learn about the breadth of VCE and our various program areas?
Through working in a very busy Extension Unit, the Intern will be immersed in 4-H programming. He/she will work with youth in camp settings and interact with their parents/guardians on the phone and in person. Through everyday activity, answering phones, and greeting walk-in clients, the VCE summer intern will gain a good understanding of Extension summer programming at the local level.
- Job Description and Qualifications
- How to Apply
- Locations of Current Internship Opportunities
Read about Internship Experiences of Former VCE Interns
- Marissa Eastep - Greensville/Emporia
- Joy Nystrom - Orange
- Mackenzie Moore - Middelesex/Essex
- Catherine Davis - Bedford County, 2013
- Kaitlyn Gill - Madison County, 2013
- Ashley Little - Prince William County, Natural Resources, 2013
- Alison Sutphin - Orange County
- Kayla Eppard - Greene County