Summer Internship Program: Fluvanna County
Primary Program Area Focus: 4-H and ANR
1. Describe your plans for this internship. (i.e. What specifically will the intern be doing?)
4-H Camp- Assist with teen leader trainings, supervise development of courses to be taught by teen leaders, coordinate adult volunteer corp., assist with arrival and departure procedures for week long residential camp.
4-H Club Involvement- Initiate and maintain contact with club leaders to identify curriculum needs.
4-H Day Programs- Assist agent with planning and executing summer enrichment programs for youth.
ANR Farmer’s Market Advisement- Coordinate a market event and assists with vendor issues in conjunction with the ANR agent and/or market managers.
ANR Agricultural Programming- Assist in the planning and implementation of youth livestock and adult sheep and goat programs.
SNAP-Ed/ANR Fluvanna Community Garden Presentations- Assist extension faculty and volunteers with planning and conducting demonstrations for the community related to garden issues. Also work with low income clientele in person or through MACAA with SNAP Ed Program Assistant.
2. Describe the knowledge / skills you expect the intern to gain from this experience.
- Awareness of VCE program areas and corresponding educational events
- Use of the programming model
- Needs assessment
- 4-H Camp preparation, forms, policies and procedures
- ANR and 4-H procedures and responsibilities
3. How will the intern learn about the breadth of VCE and our various program areas?
The successful application will learn about VCE by job shadowing the ANR Agent, 4-H Agent and SNAP-Ed Program Assistant in Fluvanna, and by meeting and working with agents from around our Planning District.
- Job Description and Qualifications
- How to Apply
- Locations of Current Internship Opportunities
Read about Internship Experiences of Former VCE Interns
- Marissa Eastep - Greensville/Emporia
- Joy Nystrom - Culpeper
- Mackenzie Moore - Middelesex/Essex
- Catherine Davis - Bedford County, 2013
- Kaitlyn Gill - Madison County, 2013
- Ashley Little - Prince William County, Natural Resources, 2013
- Alison Sutphin - Orange County
- Kayla Eppard - Greene County