Summer Internship Program: Fluvanna County
Primary Program Area Focus: 4-H
1. Describe your plans for this internship. (i.e. What specifically will the intern be doing?)
4-H Day Programs- Assist agent with planning and executing summer enrichment programs for youth to include science, technology, engineering, and math, as well asanimal science programs.
4-H Camp- Assist with teen leader trainings, supervise development of courses to be taught by teen leaders, coordinate adult volunteer corp., assist with arrival and
departure procedures for week long residential camp.
4-H Club Involvement- Initiate and maintain contact with club leaders to identify curriculum needs.
4-H Agricultural Programming- Assist in the planning and implementation of youth and family programs for the public at the Fluvanna County Fair.
2. Describe the knowledge / skills you expect the intern to gain from this experience.
- Awareness of VCE program areas and corresponding educational events
- Use of the extension programming model
- How to conduct needs Assessment
- 4-H Camp preparation, forms, policies and procedures
- ANR and 4-H procedures and responsibilities
3. How will the intern learn about the breadth of VCE and our various program areas?
The successful applicant will learn about VCE by job shadowing the 4-H Agent and
Family Nutrition Program Assistant in Fluvanna, and by meeting and working with
Agriculture and Natural Resources and Family and Consumer Science agents from
around our Planning District.
- Job Description and Qualifications
- How to Apply
- Locations of Current Internship Opportunities
Read about Internship Experiences of Former VCE Interns
- Marissa Eastep - Greensville/Emporia
- Joy Nystrom - Orange
- Mackenzie Moore - Middelesex/Essex
- Catherine Davis - Bedford County, 2013
- Kaitlyn Gill - Madison County, 2013
- Ashley Little - Prince William County, Natural Resources, 2013
- Alison Sutphin - Orange County
- Kayla Eppard - Greene County