Summer Internship Program: Franklin County
Primary Program Area Focus: ANR,
4-H and FCS
1. Describe your plans for this internship. (i.e. What specifically will the intern be doing?)
The intern will assist with the unit giving/demonstration garden including harvest, packing, and delivering produce. They will accompany ANR agents on farm visits, assist with educational programs including 4-H gardening programs and STEM day camps, as well as farmers market demonstrations. The intern will attend agent meetings and in-service trainings.
2. Describe the knowledge / skills you expect the intern to gain from this experience.
The intern will gain skills in customer service, public relations, youth development, needs assessment, program planning, teaching, working with local stakeholders, and learn agricultural-related issues associated with the locality.
3. How will the intern learn about the breadth of VCE and our various program areas?
The intern will accompany agents in all program areas including FCS, 4-H, and ANR to experience each discipline and serve various audiences within the community.
- Job Description and Qualifications
- How to Apply
- Locations of Current Internship Opportunities
Read about Internship Experiences of Former VCE Interns
- Marissa Eastep - Greensville/Emporia
- Joy Nystrom - Orange
- Mackenzie Moore - Middelesex/Essex
- Catherine Davis - Bedford County, 2013
- Kaitlyn Gill - Madison County, 2013
- Ashley Little - Prince William County, Natural Resources, 2013
- Alison Sutphin - Orange County
- Kayla Eppard - Greene County