Summer Internship Program: Henrico County
Primary Program Area Focus: 4-H
1. Describe your plans for this internship. (i.e. What specifically will the intern be doing?)
The intern will work primarily with the two 4-H agents. The focus of this internship will be to support STEM education initiatives, especially around the 4-H STEM Challenge as well as other opportunities to enhance STEM learning to Underserved audience.
4-H STEM programming:
· Design, implement and deliver the 4-H STEM Challenge as a SPIN Club or Day Camp. Create camp schedule, marketing, deliver program, and administer evaluation tools as part of the project.
· Design, implement and deliver the 4-H STEM Challenge as a class session at Junior 4-H Camp. Design camp class to be delivered and deliver the program.
· Help agents to plan and make contacts with schools for fall programs with 4-H STEM Challenge in Title 1 school partners with focus on creating resources to help serve underserved audience.
· Use multiple delivery modes to be able to decrease barriers for learning for underserved youth.
· Create marketing pieces that can be used to communicate the impact to Facebook and other partners
· Develop and identify other STEM activities and supplemental materials that can increase the ability to reach underserved audiences with STEM.
2. Describe the knowledge / skills you expect the intern to gain from this experience.
The intern will gain experience in STEM education delivery; 4-H STEM Challenge; time management; public relations and customer service; youth development; designing, implementing, and evaluating educational programs; and learn about VCE and Henrico County operations.
3. How will the intern learn about the breadth of VCE and our various program areas?
This program focus (since grant funded) is focused on one area of VCE programs with 4-H Youth Development and STEM, but will have the ability to learn about other opportunities and experiences in 4-H Youth Development, and other VCE program areas through opportunity to create partnerships while identifying audiences and programs. The intern will also get an opportunity to learn about partnerships with outside stakeholders and funders through this experience as well. At the conclusion of the internship, the intern will complete a written project covering their experiences, knowledge gained, and skills enhanced
- Job Description and Qualifications
- How to Apply
- Locations of Current Internship Opportunities
Read about Internship Experiences of Former VCE Interns
- Marissa Eastep - Greensville/Emporia
- Joy Nystrom - Orange
- Mackenzie Moore - Middelesex/Essex
- Catherine Davis - Bedford County, 2013
- Kaitlyn Gill - Madison County, 2013
- Ashley Little - Prince William County, Natural Resources, 2013
- Alison Sutphin - Orange County
- Kayla Eppard - Greene County