Summer Internship Program: King William County
Primary Program Area Focus: 4-H
1. Describe your plans for this internship. (i.e. What specifically will the intern be doing?)
Assist with the organization and administration of county 4-H activities. Work with adult and youth volunteers in training and attending 4-H Camp. Assist and provide support for King William and King and Queen County 4-H programs, such as summer day camps, educational presentations and teen trainings.
2. Describe the knowledge / skills you expect the intern to gain from this experience.
Experience in positive youth development programming. Working with and leading volunteers a team atmosphere. Provide for program leadership and training of volunteers. Understanding of administration, reporting, and risk management associated with Extension programs.
3. How will the intern learn about the breadth of VCE and our various program areas?
This internship will primarily focus on 4-H but the intern will have the opportunity to
shadow/assist ANR agent from neighboring counties when appropriate. The King William office also fields ANR related calls/visits on a daily basis, assessing the needs, addressing or directing people to proper Extension personnel.
- Job Description and Qualifications
- How to Apply
- Locations of Current Internship Opportunities
Read about Internship Experiences of Former VCE Interns
- Marissa Eastep - Greensville/Emporia
- Joy Nystrom - Orange
- Mackenzie Moore - Middelesex/Essex
- Catherine Davis - Bedford County, 2013
- Kaitlyn Gill - Madison County, 2013
- Ashley Little - Prince William County, Natural Resources, 2013
- Alison Sutphin - Orange County
- Kayla Eppard - Greene County