Summer Internship Program: Pulaski County
Primary Program Area Focus: ANR and 4-H
1. Describe your plans for this internship. (i.e. What specifically will the intern be doing?)
Our plan is for the intern to spend their time across the 3 program areas, focusing primarily on ANR. We envision them spending their time as follows: 50% ANR, 35% 4-H, 15% FCS. They will be exposed to a variety of VCE programs and tasks as well as assign them a couple larger projects that will get them out into the community and help us market our program here Pulaski County. The hope is for them to gain a well-rounded understanding of VCE that will inform their career decisions but also to focus on a few projects that will enhance our marketing efforts while immersing them in the community here.
2. Describe the knowledge / skills you expect the intern to gain from this experience.
We expect the intern to learn first and foremost who VCE is, what we do, and how we operate. We also expect that they will improve their skills in prioritizing, multi-tasking, and customer service, given the opportunity to apply their classroom knowledge in the world. We hope that through challenging them with projects to lead, they will learn to work independently and as a team, taking ownership and pride in VCE and Pulaski County.
3. How will the intern learn about the breadth of VCE and our various program areas?
The intern will get a chance to work with all 3 program areas here in Pulaski County but also see the variety of programs offered in other counties and districts. We hope that in addition to working with other counties and programs on local programs they will participate in interdisciplinary and regional/statewide programs like 4-H Camp or ANR In-Service. We will strategic and selective in their opportunities to attend meetings, trainings, conferences that will broaden their vision of VCE across the state. Our goal would be for them to come away with the realization that VCE is a needs-based organization that customizes its efforts to meet the needs of each specific county and locale. The result being diverse programming across the state.
- Job Description and Qualifications
- How to Apply
- Locations of Current Internship Opportunities
Read about Internship Experiences of Former VCE Interns
- Marissa Eastep - Greensville/Emporia
- Joy Nystrom - Orange
- Mackenzie Moore - Middelesex/Essex
- Catherine Davis - Bedford County, 2013
- Kaitlyn Gill - Madison County, 2013
- Ashley Little - Prince William County, Natural Resources, 2013
- Alison Sutphin - Orange County
- Kayla Eppard - Greene County