Summer Internship Program: Southeast District Office-Communications and Marketing
Primary Program Area Focus: Communications and Marketing - 4-H, ANR, and FCS
1. Describe your plans for this internship. (i.e. What specifically will the intern be doing?)
The Southeast District Communications and Marketing intern will work with the SE district director and a small group of extension agents in unit offices to identify marketing needs, strategize possible solutions, and implement new communication and marketing methods. These methods could include social media platforms, government communications, newsletters, articles, and flyers. Developed marketing materials will be used to share the mission of VCE, identify needs within local communities, and highlight program impacts and success stories. Although this person will be supervised by the district director, they will work with a group of assigned agents who will assist with the direction of the internship.
2. Describe the knowledge / skills you expect the intern to gain from this experience.
The intern will work collaboratively with a diverse team of extension professionals to learn about local needs, coordinate a marketing plan, and build a portfolio of communications and marketing materials for VCE. In addition, the intern will learn about the mission and values of VCE and will understand more about who we are as an organization.
3. How will the intern learn about the breadth of VCE and our various program areas?
This intern will work with the district director and extension agents from all program areas to fully understand the breadth and scope of VCE. The intern will be introduced to a variety of experiences during their internship, such as 4-H camp, ANR field days, and FCS food demonstrations. In addition, the intern will learn the importance of our local partnerships and how imperative they are to the success of our programs.
- Job Description and Qualifications
- How to Apply
- Locations of Current Internship Opportunities
Read about Internship Experiences of Former VCE Interns
- Marissa Eastep - Greensville/Emporia
- Joy Nystrom - Orange
- Mackenzie Moore - Middelesex/Essex
- Catherine Davis - Bedford County, 2013
- Kaitlyn Gill - Madison County, 2013
- Ashley Little - Prince William County, Natural Resources, 2013
- Alison Sutphin - Orange County
- Kayla Eppard - Greene County