Summer Internship Program: Southwest District Office-Communications and Marketing
Primary Program Area Focus: Communications and Marketing - 4-H, ANR, and FCS
1. Describe your plans for this internship. (i.e. What specifically will the intern be doing?)
The Southeast District Communications and Marketing intern will work with the district director and agents in local offices to identify needs, strategize for solutions and implement new communication and marketing methods. Examples could include social media platforms, government communications, newsletters, articles and flyers. These products will be used to share our mission, show impacts of programs, share the needs of the community or tell the story of Extension. Although this person will be supervised by the district director, they will work with a specific team of agents assigned to assist with the direction of the internship.
2. Describe the knowledge / skills you expect the intern to gain from this experience.
The intern will work collaboratively with a team of diverse professionals as they listen to the needs, formulate and implement a plan, and build a portfolio of artifacts documenting communications and marketing materials. They will also learn about the mission of Extension in general. The intern will gain true experience of how their marketing ideas and implementation work in the real world.
3. How will the intern learn about the breadth of VCE and our various program areas?
This intern will work with all program areas as well as Unit Coordinators across multiple localities. Therefore, they will learn about the breadth of Extension as well as the value of our partnerships. Additionally, the agents in the units that choose to participate will be able to learn communication and marketing strategies from the intern.
- Job Description and Qualifications
- How to Apply
- Locations of Current Internship Opportunities
Read about Internship Experiences of Former VCE Interns
- Marissa Eastep - Greensville/Emporia
- Joy Nystrom - Orange
- Mackenzie Moore - Middelesex/Essex
- Catherine Davis - Bedford County, 2013
- Kaitlyn Gill - Madison County, 2013
- Ashley Little - Prince William County, Natural Resources, 2013
- Alison Sutphin - Orange County
- Kayla Eppard - Greene County