Mission and Core Values
Virginia Cooperative Extension helps lead the engagement mission of Virginia Tech and Virginia State University, the commonwealth’s land-grant universities. Building local relationships and collaborative partnerships, we help people put scientific knowledge to work through learning experiences that improve economic, environmental, and social well-being.
- Inclusion of all stakeholders and partners in programming and discussions related to issues that affect agricultural enterprises, the family, and the local community.
- Integrity of information is maintained through unbiased and relevant research.
- Science-based knowledge is gathered from the research of highly respected scientists.
- Engagement of each partner in developing solutions for the challenges faced by the family, on the land, or in the community.
- Partnerships with all universities, state and federal agencies, community organizations, local and state governmental representatives, and other groups that provide access to vital resources.
- Individual relationships between Extension educators and specialists with farmers, families, and local community representatives.
- Good stewardship of public trust where investments of time, money, and intellectual resources are effectively applied to responding to local issues.
Extension is committed to providing access to unbiased, scientific information related to locally defined issues; a presence in local communities; the establishment of strong partnerships and collaborative coalitions; and innovative service to the commonwealth.
- Administrative Team
- Organizational Chart
- VCE Intranet
- State Extension Leadership Council
- Mission and Core Values
- Commitment to Civil Right
- A message to Virginia Cooperative Extension
- 2011 - 2016 Strategic Plan
- Administrative Council for Extension and Experiment Station Research
- Secretary of Education Report
- Common Ground
- Cooperative Extension — Celebrating 100 Years