Virginia Association of Adult 4-H Volunteer Leaders, Inc.
- The Virginia Association of Adult 4-H Volunteer Leaders, Inc. (VAA4-HVL) is organized as a non-profit organization made up of adult volunteers who are serving in Virginia as 4-H Volunteer Leaders. The purposes of the association are as follows:
- To promote the 4-H program and encourage community support so that all youth of eligible 4-H age shall have the opportunity to benefit from this youth development program;
- To organize and develop 4-H Volunteer Leaders;
- To participate in planning statewide 4-H programs;
- To provide for an Adult 4-H Volunteer to be on every statewide 4-H committee.
Any adult who is serving in Virginia as a 4-H Volunteer Leader, regardless of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law, and who is recognized as such by Virginia Cooperative Extension (VCE) is eligible to join the association.
Adult 4-H Volunteer Leaders may join the association by checking a box provided on the annual leader enrollment form or on the volunteer enrollment form in 4HOnline.
There are no dues to join.
Each year, an annual meeting of the association is held in October or November with the exact time and place determined by the Board of Directors. This meeting is held in conjuction with the Virginia 4-H Symposium and is known as the Fall Conference.
A Spring Conference is also conducted in March or April, as determined by the Board of Directors.
At both conferences, a variety of staff development opportunities are provided for the participants, as well as opportunities to share and learn from other volunteers throughout the commonwealth.
- State 4-H Staff
- State 4-H Office Directory and Primary Responsibilities
- State 4-H Office Organizational Chart
- Questions about 4-H programs should be directed to your local Virginia Cooperative Extension Office.
- More contact information is available in the contact tab