Virginia Association of Adult 4-H Volunteer Leaders, Inc.
- The Virginia Association of Adult 4-H Volunteer Leaders, Inc. (VAA4-HVL) is organized as a non-profit organization made up of adult volunteers who are serving in Virginia as 4-H Volunteer Leaders. The purposes of the association are as follows:
- To promote the 4-H program and encourage community support so that all youth of eligible 4-H age shall have the opportunity to benefit from this youth development program;
- To organize and develop 4-H Volunteer Leaders;
- To participate in planning statewide 4-H programs;
- To provide for an Adult 4-H Volunteer to be on every statewide 4-H committee.
Any adult who is serving in Virginia as a 4-H Volunteer Leader, regardless of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law, and who is recognized as such by Virginia Cooperative Extension (VCE) is eligible to join the association. Adult 4-H Volunteer Leaders may join the association by checking a box provided on the annual leader enrollment form or on the volunteer enrollment form in 4HOnline. There are no dues to join.
Each year, an annual meeting of the association is held in October or November with the exact time and place determined by the Board of Directors. This meeting is held in conjuction with the Virginia 4-H Symposium and is known as the Fall Conference. A Spring Conference is also conducted in March or April, as determined by the Board of Directors. At both conferences, a variety of staff development opportunities are provided for the participants, as well as opportunities to share and learn from other volunteers throughout the commonwealth.
2017 4-H Symposium and VAA4-HVL Fall Conference
When: November 4-5, 2017
Where: Sheraton Roanoke Hotel and Conference Center, Roanoke, Virginia
Lodging Rate: $107 + tax
Volunteer Reservations: Call 888-625-5132 by October 13, 2017
Ask for the Virginia Tech and 4-H Room Block
- Registration Form - click here.
- Online Registration - follow the instructions from the 4HOnline Users Manual at the link below. Select 2017 4-H Symposium and mail your check or money order to Mellissa Breen, 107 Hutcheson Hall (0419), Blacksburg, VA 24061.
- Registering a Family Member (Youth or Adult) for an Event using 4HOnline.
- Tentative Schedule - click here.
- Workshop Information - click here.
- Workshop proposal form - Due September 15, 2017.
- September 15 - Workshop proposals are due.
- September 22 - Registration opens.
- September 28 - Weekend workshop sessions posted.
- October 6 - 4-H Faculty/staff registration closes.
- October 13 - Volunteer hotel block closes.
- October 20 - Registration closes for volunteers.
Whom to Contact
For further information concerning the Virginia Association of Adult 4-H Volunteers, Inc., contact your local Virginia Cooperative Extension office.
Documents and Forms
4-H Program Areas
- Virginia 4-H Blog
- 4-H Professionals News and Notes
- 4-H All Stars
- 4-H Camping
- 4-H Competitions
- 4-H State Congress
- 4-H Foundation
- 4-H Horse Program
- 4-H Military Partnership
- 4-H SPIN Clubs
- Companion Animals
- Healthy Living
- International Exchange
- Maker Education
- National 4-H Congress
- Natural Resources and Environmental Education
- Virginia Lifesmarts
- Youth Leadership Opportunities
- Youth Livestock Program