Junior Beef Round-up
Virginia Beef Expo: Thursday April 18 - Saturday, April 19, 2024
Virginia Junior Beef Roundup: Saturday, April 20 - Sunday, April 21, 2024
Location: Rockingham County Fairgrounds - Harrisonburg, Virginia
All animals entered in the show must meet the following requirements:
1. Be officially identified with an “840” RFID button issued by a state or federal animal health program or a metal ear tag (a bangs vaccination or silver metal tag) and entered on a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI – aka “Health Papers”) issued by an accredited veterinarian within 30 days of the show.
2.CVI shall list each animal’s official identification number (see above), age, sex, breed, Brucellosis vaccination status, and any test results and dates of tests.
3.Animals MUST be free of infectious and contagious diseases, including Ringworm, Warts, and Pinkeye. Animals currently being treated for any of the listed conditions that are visibly responding to treatment must have a written statement to that effect added to the CVI by the issuing veterinarian.
4.The above CVI’s accompanying each animal will be inspected by VA Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services (VDACS) personnel at the arrival on the fairgrounds or at a time designated by the show superintendents. Failure to provide proper documentation &/or identification for animals may result in disqualification of entries. Any animal without a CVI will not be eligible to show. Any animal with a CVI, but without proper identification will be required to be tagged on-site. If the owner refuses to allow the animal to be tagged, then that animal will be ineligible to show. All decisions of the show superintendents are final.
1.Stalling will be available in the barns, but exhibitors will also have the option to tie to and work off of your trailers. Exhibitors will be asked during the entry process to indicate their intention to stall in the barns or at their trailer. This information will be used to determine adequate barn space and bedding requirements. ***Trailer parking will only be allowed in designated areas and there will be a maximum tent size specified and allowed by the Rockingham County Fairgrounds.
2. Stalling will be pre-assigned for those wishing to stall in the barns. Please check-in prior to unloading cattle and equipment. Please be sure to indicate during the entry process your desire to have stalling in the barn.
2024 Youth Breed Advisors
- Red Angus
- Simmental/Percentage Simmental
- Commercial Heifers/Steers
- When: Friday Evening, April 19, 2024
Virginia 4-H Livestock Programs Endowment
The Virginia 4-H Foundation is spearheading the advancement of the Virginia 4-H Youth Livestock Programs Endowment. 4-H livestock programming is funded through a combination of private gifts, endowment income, gifts in kind, and participant fees.