Junior Beef Round-up
Virginia Beef Expo: Thursday April 13-Friday April 14, 2023
Virginia Junior Beef Roundup: Saturday, April 15-Sunday, April 16, 2023
Location: Rockingham County Fairgrounds - Harrisonburg, Virginia
Rockingham County Fairgrounds Map/Directions
All animals entered in the show must meet the following requirements:
1. Be officially identified with an “840” RFID button issued by a state or federal animal health program or a metal ear tag (a bangs vaccination or silver metal tag) and entered on a Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI – aka “Health Papers”) issued by an accredited veterinarian within 30 days of the show.
2.CVI shall list each animal’s official identification number (see above), age, sex, breed, Brucellosis vaccination status, and any test results and dates of tests.
3.Animals MUST be free of infectious and contagious diseases, including Ringworm, Warts, and Pinkeye. Animals currently being treated for any of the listed conditions that are visibly responding to treatment must have a written statement to that effect added to the CVI by the issuing veterinarian.
4.The above CVI’s accompanying each animal will be inspected by VA Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services (VDACS) personnel at the arrival on the fairgrounds or at a time designated by the show superintendents. Failure to provide proper documentation &/or identification for animals may result in disqualification of entries. Any animal without a CVI will not be eligible to show. Any animal with a CVI, but without proper identification will be required to be tagged on-site. If the owner refuses to allow the animal to be tagged, then that animal will be ineligible to show. All decisions of the show superintendents are final.
1.Stalling will be available in the barns, but exhibitors will also have the option to tie to and work off of your trailers. Exhibitors will be asked during the entry process to indicate their intention to stall in the barns or at their trailer. This information will be used to determine adequate barn space and bedding requirements. ***Trailer parking will only be allowed in designated areas and there will be a maximum tent size specified and allowed by the Rockingham County Fairgrounds.
2. Stalling will be pre-assigned for those wishing to stall in the barns. Please check-in prior to unloading cattle and equipment. Please be sure to indicate during the entry process your desire to have stalling in the barn.
2023 Youth Breed Advisors
- Tina Davis
- Bestsie Michael
- Sarah McCall
- Tim and Debbie Bryan
- Rebecca Wiebert
- Red Angus
- Simmental/Percentage Simmental
- Commercial Heifers/Steers
- When: Friday, April 14, 2023 at 5:30 PM
- Entries due Wednesday, April 5, 2023: https://tinyurl.com/20vbc23
- Rules and Guidelines
- When: April 13, 2023
- Where: Rockingham County Fairgrounds, Harrisonburg, VA- top of the hill, near Exhibit Hall
- Information: Contact Andy Seibel ; 540-231-3823
- Rule Guide
- When: Saturday, April 15, 2023 at 11:00 AM
- 2023 VJBR Team Fitting Contest Rules and Registration - Coming Soon
Youth Livestock Topics
Extension Youth Animal Science Specialist
Extension Program Associate- Youth Animal Science
Extension Program Associate-Youth Animal Science
Virginia 4-H Livestock Programs Endowment
The Virginia 4-H Foundation is spearheading the advancement of the Virginia 4-H Youth Livestock Programs Endowment. 4-H livestock programming is funded through a combination of private gifts, endowment income, gifts in kind, and participant fees.