Block & Bridle Livestock Contests
The Block & Bridle Contests are usually held over a two-day period. The Block & Bridle Club hosts a Stockmen's Contest, Livestock Judging Contest and the State 4-H/State FFA Meats Judging Contest. The Livestock Judging contests are broken into a regular (non-reasons) and advanced (reasons) contest for both Junior and Seniors.
Please be reminded of the updated times for the Stockmen's Contest and Meats Judging Contest. Please review the letter and schedule very carefully for updates to the contests.
Contest Entry Forms
- Entry fees are $5 per person per contest (with the exception of advanced livestock judging)
- Advanced Livestock Judging Contest Entry Fees are $10 per person.
- Entries MUST be postmarked by February 6!
- ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER FEBRUARY 15th!
- Stockmen's Contest Entry Form
- 4-H Meats Contest Entry Form
- FFA Meats Judging Contest Entry Form
- Livestock Judging Entry Form
- Entries for the ADVANCED division are $10 per person.
- Lunch is required for all Advanced Judging Contestants
- Lunch is not guaranteed for late entries
- Forms must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Forms must be printed off and submitted with entry fees to:
Block and Bridle Judging Contest
175 West Campus Drive
APSC - 0306
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Virginia 4-H Livestock Programs Endowment
The Virginia 4-H Foundation is spearheading the advancement of the Virginia 4-H Youth Livestock Programs Endowment. 4-H livestock programming is funded through a combination of private gifts, endowment income, gifts in kind, and participant fees.