Block & Bridle Livestock Contests
When: February 23 - 24, 2018
Location: Virginia Tech Campus, Blacksburg, Virginia
Schedule: 2018 Schedule of Events (pdf)
Contact: Dr. Bain Wilson - (540) 231-5253
The Block & Bridle Contests are usually held over a two-day period. The Block & Bridle Club hosts a Stockmen's Contest, Livestock Judging Contest and the State 4-H/State FFA Meats Judging Contest. The Livestock Judging contests are broken into a regular (non-reasons) and advanced (reasons) contest for both Junior and Seniors.
There has been a change in times for the Stockmen's Contest and Meats Judging Contest. Please review the letter and schedule very carefully for updates to the contests.
- Block & Bridle Contest Letter
Contest Entry Forms
- Entry fees are $5 per person per contest
- Entries MUST be postmarked by February 7!
- Stockmen's Contest Entry Form
- 4-H Meats Contest Entry Form
- FFA Meats Judging Contest Entry Form
- Livestock Judging Entry Form
- Lunch is required for all Advanced Judging Contestants
- Lunch is not guaranteed for late entries
- Forms must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Forms must be printed off and submitted with entry fees to:
Block and Bridle Judging Contest
APSC - 0306
Blacksburg, VA 24061
Virginia 4-H Livestock Programs Endowment
The Virginia 4-H Foundation is spearheading the advancement of the Virginia 4-H Youth Livestock Programs Endowment. 4-H livestock programming is funded through a combination of private gifts, endowment income, gifts in kind, and participant fees.