State Skillathon Contest
When: Tuesday, March 29th, 2022
Location: Rockingham County Fairgrounds, Harrisonburg, VA
For More Information: Katherine Carter - 540-231-2257
The State 4-H Skillathon contest will be held on Tuesday, March 29th at the Rockingham County Fairgrounds in Harrisonburg, VA. This is the official State 4-H Skillathon with the highest placing Senior 4-H Team moving on to the National 4-H Skillathon in Louisville, Kentucky in mid-November. FFA youth and teams are welcome to compete. This is not a dual-entry contest and there are not separate 4-H and FFA contests - one contest with two divisions (Junior and Senior).
The state skillathon contest is a comprehensive test of livestock knowledge including identification classes of meats, feeds, equipment and breeds; evaluation classes of meats, hay, sheep, swine, and beef; a knowledge-based quiz; and an applied team problem.
Contest Rules and Entry Forms
- 2022 State Skillathon Contest Rules and Information
- Online Entry Link: https://tinyurl.com/2022-State-Skillathon-Entry
- Entry Fee: $10/contestant ENTERED – we do expect payment for every contestant entered – payment is due the day of the event
- Entry Deadline: Tuesday, March 22 at 5:00 pm
- There is one contest – not separate 4-H and FFA Contests
- There are two divisions – Juniors and Seniors – ALL CONTESTANTS will be sorted into divisions based on BIRTH DATE
- Dual-entry as both a 4-H and FFA member is NOT allowed, as there are not separate 4-H and FFA contests
Extension Youth Animal Science Specialist
Extension Program Associate- Youth Animal Science
Extension Program Associate-Youth Animal Science
Virginia 4-H Livestock Programs Endowment
The Virginia 4-H Foundation is spearheading the advancement of the Virginia 4-H Youth Livestock Programs Endowment. 4-H livestock programming is funded through a combination of private gifts, endowment income, gifts in kind, and participant fees.